HELVETAS is an international organization, operating in more than 30 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe in the domains of water & infrastructure, environment & climate change, rural economy, skill development & education, and governance & peace. In Bangladesh, HELVETAS supports the development of rural livelihoods and local governance through direct support to agriculture and has demonstrated experience in improving access to drinking water as well as reduction of water induced risks, including flood, erosion, and salinity targeting the extreme poor and disadvantaged. HELVETAS, in partnership with ACTED, is launching an emergency operation to respond to the Rohingya Refugee Crisis and is working in particular the sector of Site Management (CCCM) in the Camps of the Kutupalong-Balukhali Expansion Site, Cox’s Bazar.
HELVETAS/ACTED seeks to recruit:
• Site Assistant
• Salaries will be BDT 51,700/- per month (Gross Salary)
Selection Criteria The main criteria used in the selection of the Site Assistant are the following:
• Proficiency in English (spoken and written) and Chittagong local language is a must
• Previous experience working for NGOs in similar position
• Previous experience in working with refugee population
• Excellent liaison and communication skills
• Experience in using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) essential
• Should have knowledge on humanitarian principals and attitude to work in Refugee Camps
• Experience in either one or more of the following areas: conducting assessments/ data collection (Kobo),
Code of Conduct
The Site Assistant is required to abide by and observe:
• NGO’s child protection policy • NGO’s code of conduct • NGO’s anti-terrorism policy • NGO’s Data Protection policy • Non-discrimination • Transparency, integrity and accountability • Good will and positive attitude in the accomplishment of his/her tasks • Cooperative attitude in the interaction with the NGO’s staff and the site population • Confidentiality • Security policy
The Site Assistant will report to and operate under the guidance of the Senior Site Officer
Interested and motivated candidates must submit a CV and cover letter to apply for this position. Applications can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with mention of Site Assistant on their CV/application) by September 27, 2020.
Applications must include proof of relevant experience and references.
Please write at the top of your application “Application for Site Assistant”. Ensure a working phone number is included in the application. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by phone. Please be aware that application material is not returnable.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Job Circular 2020